Saturday, May 23, 2009

WE ARE HOME!!!!!

We just got her home about 45 mins ago! A few things happened today. Before the discharge we found out a few things about what she needs to do for the next few weeks. For the next 2 weeks she has to lay way way low. No laundry, bills or going out. (sounds like a vacation to me) Four weeks after that she needs to take it easy. She should not be driving and she needs to just lay low. She might be able to do a little work but we will wait and see how she does. Also, the blood work shows that she is anemic. This freaked her out of course but not of any high concern with the doctors. Obviosly she was able to go home so all is well. As we were wheeling her out, Paula, Doug, Taylor and Quintin showed up. Wow! This was totally God because my mom was concerned about the anemia news. They are sitting here right now (at home) and Paula was able to put my moms mind at ease! (Paula was an RN in an ICU for many years) How perfect! Her color has already changed and she seems very happy to be home. It was definetly God that Paula showed up and was able to settle her nerves when we got home. Everyday the timing has been amazing! Check out the pictures.....



Now you all know how much my mom missed her dog but I don't think you realize how much our dog missed my mom. Here is a picture of the dog earlier this week moping around while waiting for mom to come home.



We had another therapy dog that came to the hospital this morning and it really got my mom excited to see her pup! See below...


So obviously when we got home both my mom and our dog were thrilled to see each other. My mom teared up and Cooper went absolutely crazy! We had to calm him down but wow was he overjoyed! See below...





In other family news, my uncle Billy graduated with his Masters degree from Cal-State Fullerton. My mom wanted to be there so bad and started to cry when she knew she couldn't make it to the ceremony. As soon as the ceremony was over my uncle went straight to the hospital in his cap and gown to see my mom! Here is a picture....

Great day!

FYI, I HAVE BEEN READING ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS TO HER! SHE REALLY ENJOYS THEM! THANKS FOR ALL OF THE SUPPORT! We are going to keep the posts going frequently. There is a long road ahead and a lot of uncertainty. Mom has an appointment with her neurologist and neurosurgeon on Tuesday and her Oncologist some time next week. We still need your prayers and my mom told me to tell you all to keep praying as she is still very fearful. You will be hearing from my dad, sister and yes, my mom will be making a post soon. Check back! Thanks again!

-Marty

5 comments:

  1. Oh what a happy day!!! I'm doing homework today trying to get caught up and letting you all settle in!! Of course my mind and heart are with you guys though...hence the blog check-ins!! Soooo glad Paula showed up when she did! That was just perfect:), and so happy to see her looking even better today than yesterday:). Tell her I love her, have meals covered, and will see her tomorrow for a little bit:). xoxo Tren

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELCOME HOME dear ones!!! Jeff and Dee Dee, how loved you are and we are NOT going to stop praying for your peace and healing. We send hugs, love, and prayers for you and the fam..have to say, Marty, I have yet had the privledge of meeting you in person, but you have done a AWESOME job filling us all in so we feel connected to your wonderful family without visiting until Momma Bear is ready!! Love to all, Harold and Deb (Mittmann)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with finals Trenna!

    Thank you for the posts Marts. BTW, our first thoughts when graduation ceremony was done was to go see DeeDee..Billy was sad to not have her there as well as you guys, but was so happy to have DeeDee still be part of it( see picture above).

    My whole family will be praying everyday for Dee Dee! She shall overcome this, and come back stronger and fearless.

    We love you guys!

    Love,
    Billy and Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Marty!Thanks SO much for the updates AND pictures!! Now I can stop bugging Tren so much! As good as it is to see your mom going home it makes my heart ache even more that i'm not there. :( I'm coming next week as I know Tren told you and planning on staying at least a month, depending on how your mom is doing. Love you all & praying for ALL of you always!!! oxoxoxo Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Marts! Hope your mom finally got a good nights rest!! Will you give her these scriptures I got for her last night Ps. 56:3&4 Ps. 30:2. Also tell her if she didn't get a chance to read "morn. & eve." on May 22nd morn., it's perfect for her right now! Give her a kiss from me too! Thanks Mart! Love you!!!! Kathy

    ReplyDelete