Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday Morning, May 25th, 10:00am

Wow it has been exactly one week since mom was called back to the hospital from her MRI. It seems as though it has been non-stop. It almost seems like a blur and feels kind of surreal. Reflecting on the week I am so thankful that my parents decided to move so quickly with everything. Before we really had time to take it all in, the surgery, recovery, results and prognosis were already long and gone!

Yesterday was the beginning of a semi-normal day. I played at my church in Dana Point, ate lunch down there and got my car washed. It felt nice to get back into the routine and what an absolutely beautiful day! My sister was off to work and my folks got to spend a quiet Sunday morning at home. My dad made breakfast and both he and my mom sat around just enjoying the morning. We got some visitors around 2:30 and had them until around 6-ish. It was a pretty good day! I wish I had more to tell you but I guess that is a good thing!

My mom has an appointment to get her blood drawn and to see her neurologist tomorrow. Hopefully everything goes smooth as glass! My mom is on her anti-seizure meds that make her a bit paranoid and fearful still. She says she doesn't feel quite right and you know my mom she is very much a worrier. The fact that she listened to herself got her to see the neurologist in the first place. You can imagine now that she is in the hands of my dad and not medical professionals could cause some fear in any normal person let alone her! (Just kidding dad) Lots of doctors to see this week!

Note: We still do not know the treatment she will be receiving so she could really use the prayer for that and her fear.

We have had so many people making sure we are taken care of it is overwhelming! Flowers, cards, letters, meals and insurance claims are pouring in on a daily basis! Wow does my mom have a great army! (I guess because most of them are in God's army) Many people are asking me about meals and such for the next few weeks and luckily we have Trenna Berry around to handle it. So many people want to get involved and it is indescribable. We don't have to even think about it! Saturday night Luann and Gary Parkinson fed the family and Last nights meal was covered by Tom and Bridget Hazen. Thank you so much!

God has been doing amazing things over the past week and it is unbelievable to see him at work. So many things to be thankful for and amazed by!

I should probably go back to work now. It is nice to be back at the office!

The rest of the family should be making posts soon. My mom read the entire blog with all the comments. It has really encouraged her! She actually doesn't remember too much about the week. She likes to see some of the encouraging stuff! Thank you everyone for your concern and your prayers! Many things to come within the next few weeks.

-Marty


1 comment:

  1. I thank the Lord for Deedee; she is a beautiful, spiritual woman and has taught me so much about trusting God and her faith continues to inspire me. My prayers, love and strength to you Cous, Jeff, Marty and Skylar.

    **great job on the blog Marty! My favorite pics is your mom and Cooper together.

    ReplyDelete