Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday Evening June 1st 2009, 8:00pm

Yes, I have been a little behind on the posts. Mom is doing pretty well. On Friday she got her stitches removed and was able to wash her hair! Huge boost in how she felt after that! Her hair covers the spot nicely and the stubble holds the rest of the hair in place like velcro! It helps that she has a hair stylist in the house to make sure that area is covered. Mom and Dad went to church yesterday and she realized that it was a little much for her. If her neurologist knew she would have flipped out. Lesson learned Dr. Rosenthal!!! She is having some bad allergy spells right now that is not helping her head out. This morning I woke up, my dad had already left for work and my mom was sitting on the couch teary eyed. I stayed for a few hours until my sister got back from her chiropractor appointment then I was off to work. I am very very blessed that I am able to work from home with my laptop and my boss is very understanding. This is still tough for her to swallow but for the most part her spirits are high. She has adjusted very well to the anti-seizure meds and is walking very very normal again. We do 3 walks a day around the block to keep her a little active and to keep her lungs clear. There still is the occasional nausea though so you can keep that in your prayers. We are anxiously awaiting the results of the tumor culturing to see what the best plan of action is. Bottom line, the doctors are very impressed and she is doing well. Continue to pray for the fear and the results. I will let you know as soon as we get some new news. She has a few more weeks to go before treatment begins. Thank you for all of the flowers, cards and food! It is like a halmark store in here! It is amazing!

-Marty

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Ones.........we are still praying and won't let up.......miss you really bad but pray "In HIS quiet and confidence will be your strength".....love, hugs, and prayers, Harold and Deb (Mittmann}

    ReplyDelete